Skip to main content

Growth Mindset!!

Growth Mindset! I think this is the neatest thing. In the past, I had never heard of the term "growth mindset" but I do know what it is and I have had teachers and older mentors in my life instill the growth mindset in me and encourage it in me, which I am really thankful for. I think my personality type is incredibly focused on growth (sometimes too much, I often find myself seeking perfection instead of healthy growth), and I have seen this in my schoolwork and other extracurriculars. Schoolwise, I haven't always had a healthy growth mindset perspective. It wasn't until this year that I learned to appreciate failure and challenges as opportunities for growth, and learned that one does not have to be perfect or perform perfectly in order to grow. Realizing this and going through this perspective shift really helped me to decrease my stress levels, enjoy life more, and actually perform better in school and extracurriculars. I also think the growth mindset can apply to relationships as well because we can grow in healthy and unhealthy ways in relationships through our understanding of other people and through our interactions with other people.

Growth Mindset by Jessica Ottewell

As I begin my final semester of my undergraduate career, I am feeling very excited but also nervous. I am taking 18 hours, all of which are very taxing courses. I am excited about all of my courses, each for a different reason, but some more than others. I am excited for a lab that I am taking, which focuses on how exercise affects the body at a cellular level, and I am also looking forward to Abnormal Psychology, which will be very applicable to my future career. Throughout each semester of college, I have learned so many new things about myself and my learning styles, and I don't believe this semester will be an exception to that trend. I expect to continue learning about myself in a new light this semester- less stressed about perfection, more excited about growth. The opportunity to learn about and focus on the growth mindset could not have come at a more perfect time for me! I definitely want to take advantage of the growth mindset resources and activities provided because I think they will be so interesting and beneficial.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Pip

Hi friends! Welcome to my blog :) My name is Piper, but most of my friends call me a slew of nicknames like Pipe, Pipey, Pipes, Pipeydoodle, Pip (hence Pip Pip Hurray)... you get the point! I am a student at the University of Oklahoma, and I am currently finishing up my last semester before I graduate (don't remind me, I'm getting emotional about it). I am from Tulsa, OK originally, and I would love to go back someday, but my future is pretty up in the air right now so I am not sure when that might be. I am studying Health and Exercise Science with an emphasis on Pre-Occupational Therapy, and the goal would be to start OT school in Summer 2020. I'm super passionate about people and forming relationships, which is what drew me to OT. I love the idea of working in a profession that allows me to make new friends, love others, and solve problems all at the same time. As well as my many nicknames, my friends call me an old lady at heart. I love to read (most recent book- Where

Comment Wall!

A Harvest (this will make more sense as you learn about Ruth and Boaz!) Here is the link to my Storybook about the Love Story of Ruth and Boaz :)

Week 4 Story- The Hungry Urshana

It had been seven days that all of the animals had been stowed away on the ship. They were hungry. They were tired. Their paws, claws, and hooves hurt. It seemed as though every moment another type of animal was complaining about something, and it took all Noah had to be patient and try to tend to their every need. He was exhausted as well; not only did he have to build this giant ark, load all of the living things on the entire earth into the ark, load and take care of this family, but he also had to feed every species on the boat. Imagine herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores all living in one boat. It was all Noah's responsibility to keep them from eating each other and from eating Noah and his family! For such a long time, as well. This was not just a week-long, leisurely vacation with his family. This was the entire responsibility of saving the world that God had put in Noah's hands! So yes, stressed and exhausted is an understatement. On the eighth day, Noah was walking