Skip to main content

Life is Grand (Lake)...My Favorite Place

Since the age of 3 years old, I have spent every weekend in the summer and most weekends throughout the rest of the year at Grand Lake in Oklahoma. This place is special to me in so many ways. From every Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, to countless family reunions and gals' weekends, Grand Lake has been home for me. Over the past 18 years I have spent at Grand Lake, I've learned so much about living a "lake life" on the water, as well as life skills that I use when I'm not even at the lake. My parents taught me all of the water sports imaginable, how to generously and lovingly host others by sharing things and places we love and know well, and encouraged me to not be afraid of the unknown or of new things that come with time on the lake. Not only is this lake absolutely beautiful and vast, but it carries sentimental value that is unmatchable in my book.

Grand Lake Oklahoma- Photo by JDMcGreg 

I come here with my family and friends from home, but we also have an entire community of more family and friends that call this place home away from home. We meet up in Party Cove, we boat together, and we make memories together. It's not often that someone can find a lifelong, lasting community in a vacation town, but I feel lucky to have found that and to continue to find that as the years go on. It's hard to really put into words how much Grand Lake means to me, but I can assure you that it's really something special. Life is Grand on Grand Lake! Thanks for reading :) 

My own photo of Honey Creek on Grand Lake

Comments

  1. That for this wonderful post and picture, Piper! People have favorite places all over the world, but it is especially fun when people have an Oklahoma place that is really special to them. And the Honey Creek picture is gorgeous: I included that in today's announcements! I put something from the blog stream in each day's announcements, and as soon as I saw that lovely picture, I knew I wanted to include it. Thank you for sharing it here! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Pip

Hi friends! Welcome to my blog :) My name is Piper, but most of my friends call me a slew of nicknames like Pipe, Pipey, Pipes, Pipeydoodle, Pip (hence Pip Pip Hurray)... you get the point! I am a student at the University of Oklahoma, and I am currently finishing up my last semester before I graduate (don't remind me, I'm getting emotional about it). I am from Tulsa, OK originally, and I would love to go back someday, but my future is pretty up in the air right now so I am not sure when that might be. I am studying Health and Exercise Science with an emphasis on Pre-Occupational Therapy, and the goal would be to start OT school in Summer 2020. I'm super passionate about people and forming relationships, which is what drew me to OT. I love the idea of working in a profession that allows me to make new friends, love others, and solve problems all at the same time. As well as my many nicknames, my friends call me an old lady at heart. I love to read (most recent book- Where

Comment Wall!

A Harvest (this will make more sense as you learn about Ruth and Boaz!) Here is the link to my Storybook about the Love Story of Ruth and Boaz :)

Week 4 Story- The Hungry Urshana

It had been seven days that all of the animals had been stowed away on the ship. They were hungry. They were tired. Their paws, claws, and hooves hurt. It seemed as though every moment another type of animal was complaining about something, and it took all Noah had to be patient and try to tend to their every need. He was exhausted as well; not only did he have to build this giant ark, load all of the living things on the entire earth into the ark, load and take care of this family, but he also had to feed every species on the boat. Imagine herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores all living in one boat. It was all Noah's responsibility to keep them from eating each other and from eating Noah and his family! For such a long time, as well. This was not just a week-long, leisurely vacation with his family. This was the entire responsibility of saving the world that God had put in Noah's hands! So yes, stressed and exhausted is an understatement. On the eighth day, Noah was walking