Skip to main content

No Time Like the Present-- Time Strategies

There's no time like the present to strategize my time and prioritize the different aspects of my schedule. Something I have continuously learned over the past three years of my college career is time management. I was horrible at first...absolutely horrible. I could never find a balance between social life and schoolwork, and I struggled to figure out my priorities. Each semester, I have found myself improving my time management skills because I have figured out what is most important to me. Last year as a whole, I finally was able to find a really good balance between school and social life, and so I plan on continuing that this year.
In order for me to be successful, I have to schedule my days meticulously. I allow myself the mornings to have "me time;" reading, working out, and finishing up little tasks that I did not complete the day before. After my morning time, I go to class, and then I make myself work on school and studying until after dinner (around 7pm). After 7pm, I give myself the rest of the evening to be social or do fun things besides school. Some days look a little different than this, just depending on what I have going on that week, but this is the schedule that I have found works best for me.
I read The Myth of "Too Busy," which I really enjoyed and definitely related to. I think it is so easy for us to pride ourselves in being busy and forget to prioritize what really matters. I become stressed and overwhelmed so easily when I do not pick and choose to spend time on the important things in my life. I think the author of this article gave amazing tips to appropriately and successfully prioritizing time. Another article that I really enjoyed and pulled some tips from was "How to build a realistic study plan that you'll actually stick to." I liked this article because it was specific and detailed, but it also allowed for the reader to adjust the tips in order to fit his or her own schedule and desires. I am a very detail-oriented person, and so the hour by hour, detailed suggestions related well with me.
Overall, I am looking forward to continuing to improve on prioritizing my time this semester, and making sure I designate time to spend doing things that I really enjoy, as well as completing other necessary tasks.

Coffee- a studying essential! by Engin_Akyurt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Pip

Hi friends! Welcome to my blog :) My name is Piper, but most of my friends call me a slew of nicknames like Pipe, Pipey, Pipes, Pipeydoodle, Pip (hence Pip Pip Hurray)... you get the point! I am a student at the University of Oklahoma, and I am currently finishing up my last semester before I graduate (don't remind me, I'm getting emotional about it). I am from Tulsa, OK originally, and I would love to go back someday, but my future is pretty up in the air right now so I am not sure when that might be. I am studying Health and Exercise Science with an emphasis on Pre-Occupational Therapy, and the goal would be to start OT school in Summer 2020. I'm super passionate about people and forming relationships, which is what drew me to OT. I love the idea of working in a profession that allows me to make new friends, love others, and solve problems all at the same time. As well as my many nicknames, my friends call me an old lady at heart. I love to read (most recent book- Where

Comment Wall!

A Harvest (this will make more sense as you learn about Ruth and Boaz!) Here is the link to my Storybook about the Love Story of Ruth and Boaz :)

Week 4 Story- The Hungry Urshana

It had been seven days that all of the animals had been stowed away on the ship. They were hungry. They were tired. Their paws, claws, and hooves hurt. It seemed as though every moment another type of animal was complaining about something, and it took all Noah had to be patient and try to tend to their every need. He was exhausted as well; not only did he have to build this giant ark, load all of the living things on the entire earth into the ark, load and take care of this family, but he also had to feed every species on the boat. Imagine herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores all living in one boat. It was all Noah's responsibility to keep them from eating each other and from eating Noah and his family! For such a long time, as well. This was not just a week-long, leisurely vacation with his family. This was the entire responsibility of saving the world that God had put in Noah's hands! So yes, stressed and exhausted is an understatement. On the eighth day, Noah was walking