Skip to main content

Storybook Topic Brainstorm

Narrowing down my brainstorming to four potential topics was definitely difficult, but it was neat to get to do some research about things that I have either previously been interested in, or have always wanted to learn more about.

Ruth and Boaz- I have always loved the story of Ruth and Boaz and the loyalty that is shown throughout this book of the Bible. While I was researching and reading a little more about this book, I thought it would be interesting to writing a storybook that is a series of diary entries by Ruth. The entries would be about her time with Boaz, as well as her relationship with her mother in law and the hardships they went through when Ruth's first husband died. Going forward with this topic, I would want to do more research on Ruth as a person and what her perspective was, if there is any information on that. Also, I would like to know more about the characteristics of Boaz so I could accurately retell their love story.

Ruth and Boaz by Walter T. Crane

Daniel in the Lion's Den- I remember hearing this story when I was younger and being enamored by it, but I really don't know many details about it, and I also don't really know how I could retell this story. It might be interesting to tell this story from the perspective of the lions in the den, but I think it could prove hard to find information to support the perspective of an animal, especially because this story is so focused on Daniel and how God saves Daniel from the lions.

Food Urban Legends- I think it would be kind of fun to make a cookbook about food urban legends and give recipes for what the different urban legends say that certain foods will lead to. I would, of course, need to find maybe 5 different urban legends that would fit this layout, as well as researching urban legends in general. This topic would be really fun and unique, but it might also be a challenge just because I have such little knowledge about urban legends. This topic interested me because I love food and I wanted to learn more about modern myths that are urban legends.

Anne Bonny the Pirate- The last topic I found interesting was Anne Bonny the famous female pirate. One of my favorite movie series is the Pirates of the Caribbean series, and so I thought it could be interesting to use Anne Bonny's story and make a movie script similar to Pirates of the Caribbean, but with a female as the lead. The different stories would be different sections of the script. I would need to do a lot more research on Anne Bonny and female pirates in general because I really have no prior knowledge on this topic.

Overall, I am leaning most towards the story of Ruth and Boaz, but I definitely want to do more research before I make a final decision.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Pip

Hi friends! Welcome to my blog :) My name is Piper, but most of my friends call me a slew of nicknames like Pipe, Pipey, Pipes, Pipeydoodle, Pip (hence Pip Pip Hurray)... you get the point! I am a student at the University of Oklahoma, and I am currently finishing up my last semester before I graduate (don't remind me, I'm getting emotional about it). I am from Tulsa, OK originally, and I would love to go back someday, but my future is pretty up in the air right now so I am not sure when that might be. I am studying Health and Exercise Science with an emphasis on Pre-Occupational Therapy, and the goal would be to start OT school in Summer 2020. I'm super passionate about people and forming relationships, which is what drew me to OT. I love the idea of working in a profession that allows me to make new friends, love others, and solve problems all at the same time. As well as my many nicknames, my friends call me an old lady at heart. I love to read (most recent book- Where

Comment Wall!

A Harvest (this will make more sense as you learn about Ruth and Boaz!) Here is the link to my Storybook about the Love Story of Ruth and Boaz :)

Week 4 Story- The Hungry Urshana

It had been seven days that all of the animals had been stowed away on the ship. They were hungry. They were tired. Their paws, claws, and hooves hurt. It seemed as though every moment another type of animal was complaining about something, and it took all Noah had to be patient and try to tend to their every need. He was exhausted as well; not only did he have to build this giant ark, load all of the living things on the entire earth into the ark, load and take care of this family, but he also had to feed every species on the boat. Imagine herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores all living in one boat. It was all Noah's responsibility to keep them from eating each other and from eating Noah and his family! For such a long time, as well. This was not just a week-long, leisurely vacation with his family. This was the entire responsibility of saving the world that God had put in Noah's hands! So yes, stressed and exhausted is an understatement. On the eighth day, Noah was walking